My first tribute page! and two questions

My first tribute page! and two questions
0.0 0

Hi!

I’m new to coding, but today I finished the first version of my first tribute page, and here it is - https://codepen.io/alexvella/pen/ERKBzr

It’s about Shakespeare, and I tried to keep it pretty simple in the style of the example tribute page. I’d welcome any feedback you have on it, how to make it better, and anything that didn’t work or look right. It’s the first thing I’ve ever made, so I’d really appreciate your ideas and input :slight_smile:

I also have a couple of questions:

1. When I made the page, I had to do a couple of weird things to fulfil the user stories - such as having to have an element with id=“title” in there. Is there an actual reason to do that, or is this just FreeCodeCamp’s way of making sure we all include titles in our tribute pages?
  2. Does anyone have any resources for finding colors that match, or fonts that go together well? I’m really bad at that kind of thing.

Thank you!

Looks very good, really good. simple and neat, well done.

You set alt for the image, this is very good. If you could add one caption could be great.

I suggest you add some little more space between each list element.

You could override the default link color(style) using a:link, a:visited, a:hover, and a:action too.

About your questions, 1: This is for FCC unit tests I think, 2: This link for color may help, about the font, may check google font?!

Keep going on great work, happy programming

For your first project this looks really good! Good job coming this far!

To answer your questions, adding the ID’s like id=“title” is so you can use those ID’s to style your page with CSS. It gives you another method for targeting that element instead of using body, h1, img, etc in your CSS. When you have a larger page/program you might have many images or h2’s and divs which you may not want styled the same.

For your colors I would suggest reading up on color theory for an hour or find a good YouTube tutorial. Colors and fonts are hard, don’t get discouraged there.

Now for my suggestion (yay!). Just to get used to it I would suggest you adding your scripts and links in the . It’s not required in CodePen but it is a good habit to get into. You can also add your script under Settings/JavaScript if you wanted to instead of in the HTML directly.

Honestly, there isn’t much to knock you on here. You did an excellent job!

Thank you! The list looks a lot better and easier to read with a little extra space between the items.

I’ll go and look at some color theory resources now, I’m sure it’s something I can learn with practice!

Thanks for the lovely feedback on my first project, I feel really motivated to carry on now :slight_smile:

Good! Just stick with it and you will progress. :slight_smile: