My First True Game

Hehehe. Did you win with that hand, though? I set the dealer to keep pulling more cards to at least 17 so I’m sure he got more than 6. You have to stand once you are satisfied with having a hand of 15 so that the dealer will move. :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’m not sure yet what exactly I enjoy the most actually. When I was 18, I took Web Design because I sorta was good at art but then dropped out because I couldn’t afford it. Then I realized I’m not really that good at art and can’t make unique designs. Now, I think I enjoy problem solving and creating algorithms more. If it’ll lead me to creating games, then so be it. I’ll make games. :smiley:

1 Like

I changed the flat method to reduce/concat. Hopefully it works now!

Hi, just wanted to let you know I changed the CSS and hopefully you can see the deal button now! I also added some tiny changes. :smiley:

I suspect there’s a fun game in there somewhere but it’s still pretty buggy sadly.

Are the cards meant to always show? I played a few games and only got the cards to show once when I pressed all in. Apart from that sometimes the numbers seem to count up and other times they don’t seem responsive whatsoever.

I think it would make life a whole lot easier if you greyed out the buttons you don’t need whilst a game is in progress.

Maybe add a simple mouseover property somewhere with an “i” representing information. When hovering it would pop up a textbox telling users what to do and how to use the bet box. If you don’t it seems like people will sequence break the game a bit too easily.

Well done though - this is something that’s way beyond my current understanding and something I hope to be able to achieve myself sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I found if you click buttons too fast or click multiple buttons at once it can break pretty easy. But if you go on a normal pace and follow the flow of the game it should work as intended. I do plan to iron out all flaws as I keep learning. Thank you for the tip! I didn’t think of changing the color if it’s deactivated. That is such a great idea. And thanks for playing. As for getting to this stage, I think if you start somewhere you should eventually get there! I didn’t think I would be able to create this either a month ago. :sweat_smile: