(note: links will be updated once I get permission from the forum)
I’ll be using this page to blog about my progress following P1xt’s Get Job ready with 13 projects, 2 courses, and 10 books guide.
My long-term (10+ year) goal will be to heavily involve myself in the technology field perhaps working as a senior developer, consulting and/or starting my own ventures.
However, in the short-term (1 to 1.5 years) I’d just like to get my feet wet by completing the FCC projects and those suggested by P1xt, before trying to secure a Junior web dev role and working on my own front end and full stack ideas.
I currently have a hobbyist level of experience in coding gained through creating useful tiny programs and scripts in the course of my finance related jobs and side projects, but have never really considered I could make development a full time career until starting FCC about a week ago.
Having breezed through the first few hours of FCC, I got to the first project tribute page using Codepen, feeling a bit lost, I came across the P1xt guide and its related FAQ.
After a bit of research P1xt job ready guide seem the most appropriate for my current situation. After getting my self more involved in development, I will no doubt come back and go along one of the more comprehensive guides.
Thanks for reading. I will be blogging below and updating the first post as I progress. Hope to hear from you regarding advice, resources and questions.
My list of occasional use resources:
My list of resources to absorb in order is:
- Udacity How to Use Git and GitHub
- Book: You Don't Know JS: Up & Going
- Book: You Don't Know JS: Scope & Closures
- Book: You Don't Know JS: this & Object Prototypes
- Book: You Don't Know JS: Types & Grammar
- Book: You Don't Know JS: Async & Performance
- Book: You Don't Know JS: ES6 & Beyond
- Course - CS50 on edX
- Course - Introduction to MongoDB using the MEAN Stack on edX
- The FCC Backend Certification - all projects, ignore the tutorials and just read the official docs
- Book - DOM Enlightenment
- Project - Portfolio from the frontend section of FCC
- Project - Clone the Netflix interface using React, Angular, or Vue - pulling data from the Movie DB API or an API in a backend you create yourself.
- Book - Open Data Structures
- Project - Clone this Admin template using React, Angular, or Vue