My local wamp server doesn't seem to be executing a simple .php file

Hi everyone,

I’m following this excellent fCC video on how to make a wordpress theme from scratch

It took me a long time to get my local server set up. Wamp64 seems to be working fine. I can access all the main files and they seem to be stored according to recommended convention. I was able to make the theme and give it metadata via the style.css file.

At around this point I got a message on vscode saying

PHP executable not found.

I proceeded to find the php executable and add it to my path. C:\wamp64\bin\php\php7.4.9 was added to the path

The error message was gone on reloading vscode.

But when I started making the functions.php file it wasn’t executing as expected. Specifically my fontawesome url was not getting injected into the site, via the simple html head rule

HTML

<?php
        wp_head();
    ?>

Functions.php file

<?php

function lauro_register_styles() {

wp_enqueue_style('lauro-style', get_template_directory_uri() . "/style.css", array (), '1.0', 'all');
    wp_enqueue_style('lauro-fas', "https://kit.fontawesome.com/4c75952efd.js", array (), '1.0', 'all');

}

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'lauro_register_styles');

?>

Now it could be that my code is just wrong… Or it could be possibly that my server configurations are not completely set up for this process.

Either way, I’m feeling out of my depth and would massively appreciate support!

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.