My portfolio, 3rd version!

@Sarah3di94 The gradient color for the contact me looks good to me. I’m afraid that if I change the color, the result won’t fit with the rest of the page.
I changed the background color of the form inputs and add some shadows. Thanks again for your feedback! :smile:

@John-freeCodeCamp I don’t understand what you mean ? :confused:

@richRocksCodeBlocks Wow! Thanks a lot for the compliment :smile:

@CodeMonk78 Yeah I agree for the image, I fixed it! :wink:
I’ll take a look at your portfolio later this day and I’ll tell you what I think :slight_smile:

Great job once more! your portfolio looks perfect now!

1 Like

It just seems to blend in a little to much (the blue faded box around the get in touch)

Its very, very professional and nice besides that.

1 Like

Wonderful portfolio page. One minor thing: Text should read: “I´m a developer who loves and spends most days coding”. I hope to contribute more technical stuff as my coding skills improve.

Hi, very nice job! You really made it great.
Have you solved equal height issue for your project boxes?
I see this

It’s somewhat buggy.
Haven’t looked at your source code but one possible solution is to have them all placed in a wrapper element which is a flexbox. Then each project box itself should also be transformed into a flexbox with flex-direction: column and set flex: 1 (which sets flex-growth and flex-shrink to 1 and flex-basis to 0). That should give you an equal height and the only thing left will be to place buttons or media section to the bottom using margin-top: auto. Tell me if that works. I made a quick demo

@kagome Thanks for the feedback! I corrected the typo.

@vytautas-pilk Well, thanks a lot for your feedback and your fix! I turned my project into a flexbox and have set my descriptio to flex: 1 , I added width: 100% to title and technologies and it worked, at least on my devices. Tell me if it works for you too :smile:

1 Like

That looks awesome! May I ask what advanced CSS course you took and where did you learn color design too?

My feedback:

Portfolio page:

• For the first project box and the third, there isn’t enough padding between the last bit of text and the button.

• I would center those buttons on the project section, instead of having it aligned to the left.

• And darken the “WANT TO GET IN TOUCH ?” White on grey and I didn’t even see it until I tried out your contact form!

Random quote machine:

• You have “new quote” for both buttons. This was mentioned earlier by someone else, but hasn’t been fixed.

Great job!

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback! I followed few weeks ago a very great course on Udemy that you can find here ! You learn some great CSS techniques in there :wink:

For the color design, I didn’t follow any course, I guess I just chose well my colors :slight_smile:
This is what I use to create colors though : https://color.adobe.com/

I know for the “WANT TO GET IN TOUCH?”, the image for some reason is not displayed on mobile and I just don’t know why. Maybe the resolution is too high. Anyway, I’m gonna fix it.

And for the Random quote machine, it was just a test, it’s not really a project I want to showcase :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the links and the information. I’ll check out the course. :+1:
I will use that Adobe color thing for my projects because I don’t have that gift of making my projects look nice (in terms of color) :joy:

Oh okay. Didn’t realize there is supposed to be an image on mobile.

I see…but, if you have a link to it on your page people will click on it and check it out. Maybe not relevant now for you, but in the future.

1 Like

Really love your project. I wanna ask you something. I’ve just completed FCC html and css and I’m going to make a tribute page. But I want to know, did you make this by learning css from FCC or any other place. I know this question seems a little bit stupid, but as a beginner, I’m confused. I just wanna know, what I have learned with CSS in FCC is basic or advanced. I’ve completed all html and css challenges.

I’ve started learning on FCC 1 or 2 years ago. But I didn’t realize that portfolio in the first place. I learnt from other courses and by building some projects and playing with CSS :slightly_smiling_face:

If you know how to build the tribute web page, I would say that you have a basic or medium level :smile:
But if you wanna learn some advanced skills, you just have to keep on learning and building things. That’s the only way you’ll evolve :wink:

@anon38736429 thanks for clearing doubts. I’m continuing to collect more information.

1 Like

Really good looking, and also inspiring, since i have been procrastinating making a portfolio site for just too long.

Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

Nicely done! Looks clean and simple and to the point, how long have you been coding brother?

Thanks for your feedback! I’ve been coding for roughly 2 years :slightly_smiling_face:

First off great job. Your site feels a little light to me. I would think about adding a CV area to the page. I would also use a background gradient for the whole page.

With your RANDOM QUOTE MACHINE – I would make the transitions smoother and not so jumpy. Also, I would play around with your ABOUT ME section. There are lots of CSS shapes you could try to give it some depth. I think that I would add a hover effect that describes what you mean or want a user to take away from each word.

Good Luck!

Your portfolio is impressive, very good design and it is very responsive.

Nice job. Only suggestion I would make is get rid of the lorem ipsum and write about what the project is and what it entailed.