My portfolio page - request for feedback

Hello fellow campers!

So - finally, after a long break, I have managed to put together the five projects required to get the freeCodeCamp Responsive Web Design Certificate, including the final one - my personal portfolio.

I know there is room for improvement (perhaps a lot of room), but I couldn’t wait and pushed the portfolio live to my GitHub. Still, I would appreciate any and all feedback you could give on it:

https://hubertbrychczynski.github.io/

I know there is an issue with scrolling - on my desktop the browser doesn’t scroll to the section’s title, but a little bit below it. It works fine on mobile, though. For now I have no idea how to fix it. The code I used for scrolling was adapted from a snippet on CSS-Trick (I indicated this in the code), but I must admit I don’t quite understand how it works. Also, I didn’t want to use JS or jQ, because at this point I don’t feel very comfortable with anything beyond HTML and CSS.

Thank you!

1 Like

The scrolling issue can be fixed by adding a padding-top to the element you want to scroll to and also adding a margin-top with the negative value of what you added for the padding-top, for example:

.title, #projects-section, #ach {
	grid-column: 2 / 6;
	text-align: center;
	padding-top: 4em;
	margin-top: -4em;
}
1 Like

@hubert.br, portfolio looks good. If you don’t mind, some feedback on the projects in your portfolio and your portfolio;

tribute

survey

• Don’t use <br> to force line breaks (or spacing). Use CSS

landing page

• Since it’s HTML5, with the iframe element the frameborder attribute is obsolete. Use CSS

porfolio

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are coding errors you should address.
1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! Exactly what I was hoping for.

I tried to fix all the issues you listed, and I think they’re all addressed. You can take a look if you have the time.

Also I tinkered with max-width and height of iframe in my landing page to try and make the embed responsive. It works, but it’s not perfect.

Thank you once more for the kind reply!

Nice job! Congrats on earning the RWD certificate.

1 Like