My Portfolio Page - Something really yellow!

Hi everyone!

Finally, I finished my portfolio page. It was a long road cause I wanted it to look stylish. Of course, when I’ll learn JScript I’ll make it better but for now, it is like it is.
I appreciate any comments, feedback and corrections. Please let me know what you think about my Portfolio Page.
Thanks in advance!

https://codepen.io/dieplumpe/full/qBNvVvo

14 Likes

Hey @dieplumpe!
Your project is Awesome and clean design!
I like it!

Good Work!

2 Likes

@codely Thank you!! I really tried very hard.

2 Likes

Nice looking page @dieplumpe. My only feedback;

• Keep all styling external. Don’t use in-line styling.
    • Give that span a class and style it in CSS
3 Likes

@Roma done! Thank you!

1 Like

Just wanted to update that I submitted it and got my first FCC certificate!!

5 Likes

Congrats! Keep up the good work!

Have fun with JavaScript!

2 Likes

Love the nice, clean colours!

2 Likes

wow wow !!! i love it so much … its just amazing :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

2 Likes

This is literally so cool!

2 Likes

Very nice looking page. You have a knack for design.

1. Hide the overflow so the initial transition/animation doesn’t create a horizontal scrollbar.

2. I would maybe vertically center the nav and add some hover interaction with the links.

3. Add transitions to the icon hover effects.

4. There is a lot of white space at the bottom of the page, maybe vertically center the content inside contacts-section so it takes up more of the total vertical space.

Great job, keep it up!

1 Like

Hi @dieplumpe

I think this portfolio page is excellent and is quite eye catching, my only concern is that you have set a high bar for when I get round to this challenge :sweat_smile:

Craig.

2 Likes

Oh, Craig, thank you!
But there was already a high bar, believe me. I saw so much better portfolios, but I did what I can :blush:

Thank you! I will work with it more. I want to do another animation when scrolling, so there won’t be so much white space in the bottom. But I need to learn some JS first to fulfil all that I want to fulfil on this page.

@ProOverthinker9, @ZaraK, @adilyne thank you, guys!

1 Like

Sounds like a plan.

There are libraries you can use as well (like AOS) if you like. You don’t always have to code everything, sometimes it’s OK to just use the wheels that were already invented.

But in this case, it sounds like a great way to apply newfound JS knowledge to something practical.

Good luck, and happy coding.

1 Like

Yes, I know that there is more ways to do thing. I just don’t know anything about libraries yet. I’m learning thing along with curriculum, so I’m going step by step. I plan to apply all that I will learn in the future. But for now it’s like this.
Thank you for your support!

Nice looking webpage, i suggest adding some smoothness to profile-links using transition, like that:

.c1 {
  transform: translateX(0%);
  transition: transform .3s ease-in-out;
}
.c2 {
  transform: translateX(0%);
  transition: transform .3s ease-in-out;
}
2 Likes

Oh, sorry, it actually works. I didn’t do it right first time. Thanks!
P. S. It’s night here, so my brain doesn’t work right :blush::blush:

1 Like

it’s ok, brain has certain limits, it is not a microprocessor :rofl:

2 Likes