My projects to date

Link to projects:
https://codepen.io/M_Opp3l

Hey guys, I just want to get feedback on all my projects to date. All suggestions are welcome! Do you guys think I’ll be able to make it as a web dev?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Regards
Ma3_str0

Hi!

What do you think of washing the dishes with a hammer ?
It works but, not the best way.

Maybe you could continue to explore your best way

I saw that you want to do a blog so why don’t you try some first pages example in code pen then ask us to see what we think about ? :slight_smile:

Have a nice day

1 Like

Ok I’ll do my best, but could you clarify what you mean with the dish washing analogy? I got a bit confused there,lol.

I meant washing the dishes ^^

Is it clearer like that ? Sorry for bad english :blush: (with frenglish minded sentences)

Note//Well more over, I didn’t read correctly what you said above - I meant that you are able to do the ‘minimal’ but you need to improve it

Note of note //I feel me confused now and I’m not sure I understood what you really ask for. Did you want to know if you are able to do it like a web dev or if it is enough to be a web dev

1 Like

Ok, I get it now, you clarified it in the first note and what I meant with the web dev thing is, do you think I would be able to be a good web developer in future. Thx for the feedback!

I can’t answer you about future but, you could code an eight-ball with javascript and ask it about :smiley:

I’ve given you feedback on your projects and you haven’t taken the advice. For instance, your survey form I said don’t use <br> to force line breaks yet the form is still riddled with it.
You used it again in the tech doc page.

• Nest multi-line <code> snippets in <pre> </pre> tags in HTML to preserve whitespace and line breaks. Or you could do
code {
  white-space: pre;
}

in CSS and skip the <pre> tag in HTML.

1 Like

Ok, the survey form I don’t get tho because I did remove em? I probably forgot to save it. Old habits die hard I guess. The only reason why I use it tho is cause we have to use it at school cause we aren’t allowed to use CSS so I kinda got too used to

CSS has been around for more than 20 years. I don’t know why you wouldn’t be allowed to use it.
Be that as it may, you ask for feedback to help you improve your code. You should take that feedback to improve your skills and get rid of a bad habit. Part of being a developer is growing your skills and not saying, “that’s the way I’ve always done it”.

The reason why we aren’t allowed cause in the subject I have (CAT,won’t bore you with details but it’s mostly about Word,Excel,etc.) we only do really really basic HTML and no CSS at all even though it’s simpler, idk why. I mostly got rid of the whole br thing tho and started to use margin-top and margin-bottom more often .

But thx for the feedback!

Hi @Ma3_str0 ,
Certainly anyone who has the ability to sit for long hours to learn to code, and have fun with it, will eventually become a software engineer, assuming they’re building and implementing good code.

You are certainly on that process, as I am.

As for your projects, here’s what I recommend:

1. Design the mobile version of your project first. Don’t pay much attention to the user stories just yet, other than for building the correct markup (HTML).

2. Pay attention to your color pallette

3. Try to enhance your font a little. And by enhancing I don’t necessarily mean playing around with different fonts but to sticking to one in particular. They can change by projects, though.

At this point in your learning process, I notice that you feel comfortable writing good HTML . Try to Google/YouTube/MDN stuff up to sharpen your visual mark up a bit. For example: You can write: How to “whatever” in css, and Google will throw a whole lot of suggestions.

Now that you know the basics of HTML and CSS, you can read someone else’s code and say: “HEY, I know this. This is easy. Let me implement it.”

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thx so much for the feedback German!! And thanks for the tips!

1 Like