My Tribute Page - feedback is welcomed, thanks!

I’m still very new to css and responsive design. Feedback, tips, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

https://codepen.io/mrbanh/full/NQdjXz

1 Like

This was lovely and very responsive! I like the theme and everything is working right. :grin:

Thanks for liking this, @wanzulfikri

2 Likes

This is very impressive.

The text of the Title (h1) and Caption doesn’t have that much space between them thus some characters touch each other. I’m not sure if that’s intended but that’s the only issue I see.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback!

I’ll need to look into that. It wasn’t intended… The project req’d a caption, but I wanted the caption to appear over the image of Nikola Tesla, below the h1. Since they both had position: absolute, they were positioned independently from each other… which is causing the h1 and capiton to touch each other when resizing the screen… I think I need to move the h1 and the caption into a div as a container, and position the container so that they are grouped together. I’ll work on it later and hopefully get it fixed. Thanks again!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words!

Hi @MrBanh, welcome to the forums. You have a nice looking page. Something you may want to revisit;

• codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • Errors in HTML. Hint: move the opening list element to be before the strong element.
  • Try to not use the <br> tag to create spacing. Use margin and/or padding in CSS instead.
1 Like

Wow, I did not know about the validators.

Yeah, I definitely need to fix the HTML error with the strong element. I initially had it like that so I can do that slight offset with the years in the timeline, but I think I have a way of doing that while putting the opening li before the strong element. I’ll need to work on that and removing the <br> tag + fix the spacing once I get home.

Thank you!

1 Like

No problem. Liking is free :smiley:

I see.

Maybe the restriction of the Project instruction is impacting how you do things. That’s understandable.