Working on the Responsive Design project for a Tribute Page. Here’s the link:
What do you guys think? is this resume/portfolio worthy? I made one a year ago that was pretty bad. Made a commitment to finish the Responsive Design and Frontend Libraries this week so that I can score a job. Thanks in advance
Wow! Looks great!
However, the font size is too small to read easily.
Hi @cmabad, your page looks good but there are a few things that are in error.
- you have elements inside
<head> that belong in between the
<body> </body> tags and things inside the
<body> tag that should be in
- codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- there are a few things that can/should be cleaned up in the HTML section
- Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
- it doesn’t look so good to use
<p> </p> elements in HTML to add spacing. Think about margin and/or padding in CSS instead.
- you repeat the ‘Arimo’ font-family quite a bit. Use the DRY method and consider declaring your font-family in one place instead. And don’t forget to put in a fall-back font. You’d prob want sans-serif rather than the defaul serif font if ‘Arimo’ doesn’t load for some reason. For instance you could do;
font-family: Arimo, sans-serif;
- as mentioned, on smaller screens the font size is extremely small and hard to read.
Things are looking great within that pen. I like ABBA a lot. it gets me back to that golden age of music.
Responsive design and pages are not such an easy task to advance pretty quick.
I wish you luck!
This was soooo helpful. I’ll be sure to make these edits, thank you
Right?! I agree - responsive design takes a lot of practice, trial and error.
yeaa, there are just lots of breakpoints for different devices. It helps knowing the different sizes better though.
And definitely helps with getting familiar with percentages, real size of elements and etc.