My Tribute Page project - guide me further pls

Hey fellow Camper,

I just completed my first project on FCC having studied Responsive Web Design course. Kindly visit this link for my work. I hope you guys would guide me further on things to improve my dev skill.

Love you all, thank you.

Afeez My tribute project

Hi @afeezs !

I think your page looks good.

I would review the lesson on giving meaningful names to links

Here and wikipedia page are not accessible.

You have a stray html tag at the end of your page that you can delete.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you very much for taking out time to correct me, I appreciate your contribution.

Please, what do you mean by stray html tag I can delete? Pardon my question, I’m a complete novice.

Cheers!

Your page looks good @afeezs. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Since the opening html and body tags are not required then you don’t need the closing ones either. Those are stray
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • In addition to being used incorrectly in your code, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • here” and “wikipedia page” are not accessible
1 Like

1 Like

I appreciate your response. I’ve noted all corrections, I promise to be of help to others as I continue to improve.
Thanks really much.

Hi,

The stray tags have now been taken care of. Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Roma,

Thanks again for your helpful contribution. I have made changes to my code considering all the points you made. I also ran the code through W3C validator and made all the corrections as advised. I did it again and all I had left were the first warning and first two errors you mentioned.

You may wanna have a look again at the edited code. I’m glad you guys are very supportive.

Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.