My tribute page to Diego Maradona

Well, I just finished my first project for responsive web certification.

It is in Spanish since I share it with friends of mine who do not understand English very well :slight_smile:

https://codepen.io/raulsanctes/pen/yLgPgdR

Your page looks good @raulsanctes. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • For instance links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • In additon to being used incorrectly you do not want to use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • entrada en Wikipedia” (“wikipedia entry”) is not accessible
1 Like

Oh! Thank you very much for your feedback, it has been very helpful.

• I have corrected all the errors that you have marked me and I validated it with the W3C validator.

• I only have 3 (not 2) errors left in the validator that I suppose I should ignore as it has told me.

• Regarding the accessibility of the link in the footer, I have changed the complete text and placed in two words of the sentence, so now the link is in “biography and career”, I think it is better understood about what is obtained by going to that link.

Have I done better now? Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Good job cleaning things up.

1 Like

Thank you very much Roma, I have learned a lot with your feedback, you are very kind.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.