My Tributepage - Royal Parks

Hello everyone,

I have just finished my Tribute Page… I tried make the page responsive. I hope it’s not too bad.

Feedback appreciated!

http://codepen.io/nataliajosse/full/oLrQdK/

Kind regards,
Natalia

2 Likes

The responsiveness of the page works as expected :slight_smile:

I think that for big slabs of text, you’d be better off sticking to sans-serif fonts, for readability. Freehand fonts are ok in moderation (just headings, maybe), but when there’s loads of it, it’s just a strain to read.

1 Like

Thank you Jackson!
I’ll work more on fonts :slight_smile:

Looks pretty but for some reason I can’t see any text except the title. Using iPhone 6 safari.

Could you check it now? I changed fonts.

Looks the same. I kind of wonder if text is off screen somehow. The background image appears very magnified for me when I view page full screen. When I initially see it in codepen I can see people walking (pretty pic), but no scrolling or text visible. I used the full screen button to get it to scroll(?), but still no text.

Update: I found that removing these two lines made all the difference and the page looks great:
// min-height: 100vh;
// min-width: 100vw;

I have no idea why is that… I checked it in chromes devtools (iphone 6 mode) and everything is ok :frowning:

Update:
Thank you! I will remove these lines

I updated post. Helped to remove two lines:
// min-height: 100vh;
// min-width: 100vw;

Looks great. Can’t say that I understand why though. We are all learning I guess.

1 Like

It’s very nice, but for me the shadow of the title text makes it a bit hard to read.

1 Like

It’s good to check Chrome dev tools for device compatibility, but be aware that you are only testing screen sizes with that tool. It’s still running through Chrome’s browser engine.

You can use ‘Can I use?’ to see a support table for all sorts of HTML and CSS compatibility statuses across browsers.

Here’s the report for the use of vh as a unit of measurement: Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc

Thanks for advice. I will check it :slight_smile:

Nice job jossennatalia! I like the font you used and how “Royal Parks” instantly grabs your attention. One constructive criticism is the font of your two paragraphs seems a little big.
I really like the labeled pictures followed by the opening times. Good work!