Works without any issues that I can see. I would have centered the results/search bar with
margin : 0 auto; because it looks slightly off on mobile, but it’s still functional on both of my devices.
It might be nice if you add functionality for search results to pop up when users hit the enter key on their key boards.
sure but i don’t know how to do that otherwise i surely would have done that. But i will figure it out. If you can help?
the good thing about this wiki app is that its work.
the less successful aspect of it is the UI/UX.
- the background is pretty painful to look at. very low quality and stretch weirdly.
- the font color and size are completely out of proportions.
- there is a bug where i can click to open an article just above the “first result”.
- should be scalable.
- some footer or padding/margin on the button will be nice.
- maybe center the search input and add some padding there as well.
- would be nice to be able to search by pressing on enter.
The red text is a bit jarring and difficult to read; maybe try white text if you’re going to stick with that background? If that doesn’t show as much as you’d like you can also use the text-shadow property to make it stand out a bit more.
It’s looking really neat so far; keep up the good work!
Check out jquery’s keypress event to learn how to add this functionality to your app. Good luck! Great start so far!
Great start here!
- Improve the mobile responsiveness
- Would be amazing if I could search by pressing enter.
- Color needs some tweaking to improve readability.
Awesome job so far~!
thank you for the suggestions. I am learning. and will surely apply your suggestions
I believe that in a html form, hitting the “Enter” key (outside a textarea input) is the same than submitting the form. Making the search area a simple form, testing for form submission and not for click should do the trick.