myTributePage - First project

Hi all. I just finished my first project. Here is a link to it:

https://codepen.io/vbarhoskie/pen/bGdvveg

Your critique is highly appreciated and anticipated.

Thanks

I think its looks pretty good so far. Not added for a requirement but just for better responsive web design you make the text for the time line also responsive to the size of your browser. I would use margin:auto for the text.

Hope this helps

Hi there vbarhoskie,
The page looks good to me. Nice job.
Keep at things.

Your page looks good @vbarhoskie. Some things to revisit;

• On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Don’t use the <br> tag to force spacing. And the way you’re using is not allowed as a child of <ul>.
  • Not sure if you noticed but even though you’re using the <strong> tag the text on your page doesn’t render as such. This is because when you imported your font you only selected regular. Go back to Google Fonts and when you select your font it will give you the link. All well and good so far but what you then need to do is click on the ‘customize’ link (next to ‘embed’) and there click the bold checkbox also. Click the ‘embed’ link and put the new link in your page. (Notice it now has weights for 400 & 700). Btw, I did this too with a page I was working on and asked a question about why I wasn’t seeing the font output the way I expected here in the forums and it was explained to me. Here’s the link to my post which includes a quick video the responder made showing how to do what I just explained.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
    • ‘wikipedia entry’ is not accessible. Why not keep all the verbage but make the link be ‘read more about this remarkable man’.

Oh phildabeast I am sorry I have not acknowledged your response. I have been dealing with some personal issues. Thanks a lot for this feedback. I will sure give attention to it.