Nationality Guesser

Hey everybody, I have created a project that guesses your nationality based on your first name using an API I found online. I’m starting to get a handle on things regarding API and I had a blast

https://kev-tan.github.io/Nationality-Guesser/

Above is a link to the project, feel free to check it out and give me any feedback or criticism. I had a lot of fun and I’m very excited to keep moving forward and dip my foot into back end

2 Likes

I’m just starting to learn Javascript, so I’m very impressed by your project. It’s also a lot of fun to use, but I do have a couple ideas for possible improvement. I’m not sure if you did the ISO country codes for international users (in which case you can disregard this), but as an American, I found the abbreviations less straightforward than using the country names, especially if the abbreviation is derived from a non-English version of the name (like DE for Germany, as an example). I also think the numerical output would be more user-friendly if it were rounded to something like a percentage rather than the long decimal, though that would require some kind of internal function and more work on your part.

1 Like

Hi thank you for the respond! I hope your JavaScript journey goes well

The country codes are from the API themselves, and I do find them incredibly confusing. I can however 100% make it rounded to percentage than decimal which definitely didn’t come to mind. Thank you for your help!

This is by far one of the unique projects I’ve ever seen…!!
Good One.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.