Nav-link class help (Product landing page)

User Story#4 says that each element inside my nav should have the class “nav-link”.

Looking at the example given, I can see where “nav-link” gets placed within element of my nav, however I do not see the .nav-link class within the css markup.

So why do we need to add these class values? What does class=“nav-link” do, if theres no class within the css markup to reference? I want to understand if there’s some internal reference that is always there when we use class=“nav-link” OR if I am missing something/not seeing something.

Thank you for your time ^.^

The nav-link is custom class selector, made for the project purpose, its not standard by no means. In your future projects, you can add whatever class name you want to your navigation links, or dont tag them with a class at all, ofc its better when things posses more intuitive names and selectors.
The person who made the example project simply decided to select the nav links by other means, but i find using the class selector more convenient. Regarding why its there as a requirement, its prolly just to make the user more familiar with classes use

1 Like

The person who made the example project simply decided to select the nav links by other means, but i find using the class selector more convenient. Regarding why its there as a requirement, its prolly just to make the user more familiar with classes use

Thanks this clears it up.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.