Nav links are not working

I have a navigation bar that only has internal links that point to extant content on my page. But they don’t work, and I don’t know why. If anyone would take a look at my site and tell me what I’m doing wrong, I’d be grateful. Please go here to look at the code.
Thank you :slight_smile:

It’s because you are using absolute positioning on a bunch of elements after the nav list and they are layering on top of the nav list, thus blocking you from clicking on the links in the list. Personally, I think you should get rid of all the absolute positioning. But if you think you need to keep it then I would set z-index higher on your nav list.

Thank you, I have a couple questions.
What would you use to position the elements if not absolute?
and if I raise the z-index, where should I place the statement?
In

1. nav

2. nav ul

3. nav ul a

or something else?

nav you

Margins. Padding. Flexbox for the thumbnail images and the two pieces of content you want side-by-side in the “home” section. Other than needing to position the menu so it stays fixed at the top I see no need to use positioning for anything else. Absolute positioning does have its uses, but using it to layout the entire page is not one of them.

On the element that is absolutely positioned.

1 Like

Okay, tysm!
I’ll get to reworking my code, and I’ll tell you when it works. It’ll probably take me a little while.

I can’t get the elements to position anywhere using just margin and padding, and I already tried increasing the z-index . Would you mind explaining how to do it?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.