Need a Survey Form Feedback

Hi everyone)

Name’s Val, did the first project from the Responsive Design Course (Beta). What do you think? I’m waiting for some roast, be it for HTML or CSS. If you want me to review your projects, please send the links to codepen or FCC forum.

Cheers and have a great morning/day/night!)

P.S. Sorry for the Russian on the page, I didn’t think I would post here till the last minute.

1 Like

That looks great. I only noticed some right-padding for the textarea for responsiveness. I found that you can either do one of two things:
1. Add { overflow: hidden; } to the last fieldset (or all)
2. Add { width: 100%; } to textarea

This should add spacing to the textarea and the window upon resizing the screen to a smaller size. Good job and hope this helps!

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much for the tip) Yeah, I saw that thing with the textarea, but didn’t pay attention to it and didn’t know how to solve it. Thank you and have a great day!

1 Like

Your page looks good @JerryTheQuad. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    Btw, one of you meta tags is not closed properly. Missing >
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upxper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (be wary of duplicating property: value; pairs…it can make maintenance a nightmare)
    (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button

You force the user to select a radio button they may not want to select.

1 Like

Roma,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I forgot about the validator. As you said, I’ve removed the «head» and «body» tags. I’ve also checked my HTML and CSS in the CodePen Editor. One of the last things — I removed «required» option for the second checkbox.

As for W3C Validator, I have a question:

• Do I need to choose HTML4 Strict or HTML5? Because if I select the first one, there are many mistakes and errors I don’t really understand. If I select the second, there are only three mistakes because of «html», «body» and «head» tags.

Thank you so much and have a great day!