Need explanation about JavaScript section

Hy there, I am about to finish the css section .today I was reaserching about how to learn JavaScript . I also read the newsletter about "JavaScript courses"by
Jessica Wilkins

She mentioned the JavaScript section in the freecodecamp

Does the course cover all things which you need to know about JavaScript?

This video link below explains the necessary thing you should know in learning JavaScript

I know JavaScript is a programming language but since we use it for web development do we use JavaScript syntax beside html and css .

If it is all about learning only the language itself without html and css what if if we forget
The html and css.

Then you look stuff up. Programmers are always looking stuff up - it’s impossible to memorize everything that we need to know.

2 Likes

So when you learning JavaScript first you learn the language then
Start implementing with html and css
Am I right?

HTML and CSS are completely different. If you look at www.freeCodeCamp.org/learn, the curriculum starts with HTML and CSS, switches to Javascript, then to Javascript libraries and combining HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

2 Likes

It mean that once you finish the front end libraries you will start implementing html css and JavaScript .

Does the course cover all things which you need to know about JavaScript?

Define what it means to “need to know”. Different people are going to answer that differently.

That being said, the answer is probably no. But I don’t know of any course that does that. It would take multiple courses and a looooong time to learn all of JS. But the FCC course does provide a base off of which you can build. A lot of us just learn the basics and then learn by doing, maybe supplementing with some learning materials and a lot of document reading and googling.

Then you look stuff up. Programmers are always looking stuff up - it’s impossible to memorize everything that we need to know.

This cannot be stressed enough.

1 Like

The course does not cover all things, but most of the basics and lot of additional info. Id recommend it to anyone picking JS from the start, but also for people who have some grip but need additional practice and schooling. Id say the only major thing you would wanna look up from additional sources is DOM manipulations. The following, frontend section, does cover few popular frontend tools, which for you is good to know about and have a glimps.
JS is quite different from HTML and CSS, beside the 3 languages have very different purposes.

I doubt you can forget html and css so shortly, surely you can forget about some techniques, but thats alright and none remembers everything. We programmers tend to constantly look up even basic things and refresh our memories on different topics, the important thing is to know the fundamentals of the language and how its meant to work, from there on you can apply any practice you find on the web. Its actually good to step away for a while once you learn something new and look back at it at later stage, to see it with different eyes and prolly see things you didnt realize before.

1 Like

thanks all for your suggestion.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.