Need feedback for a FCC portfolio page

https://codepen.io/safna123/pen/ZEbLONO
Please can anyone give me feedback for improvement.

1 Like

Hello @safnaabuthalif.
All in all I think the page is a great sample that you have understand very well the lessons in the Responsive Web Design Certification.

If you want to improve it, I thin something interesting would be the vertical center of almost all texts, specially headings, but it can become a headache. Is up to you.

I recommend try to don’t be perfectionist in that. Go ahead with other certifications.

Thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face:

As a whole, your webpage shows that you know how to apply various stuff, but aesthetic wise I think you can make it better looking.
Pros:

• Your fixed positioning for nav-bar
  • Your choice of colors for background and font
  • Your implementation of blocks

Con’s:

• I think the box-shadow for different projects was too exaggerated, maybe you could make it a bit less and not use that colour
3 Likes

Hey how’s it going!

Your page is looking good, very professional and it will look even better when you sort out your project boxes!

When I scroll on your page they are adjusting size in an unflattering way.

Also take some more time on your about me description keep it short, sweet, clear and if needed hire someone to re-write it for you or have a friend help you.

First impressions are everything, the way you describe yourself and your experience could very well determine weather or not you land the job you desire.

There is no shame in seeking help when needed always remember that everyone is superior to you in one way or another just as you are to others!

That’s all I got I am a beginner myself but if there is anyway I can assist you please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will change the box-shadow color.

Thank you, I accept that. My about section looks a little bit messy, have to work on that.
And I am more than happy to get your assistance. I am a beginner too. :smiley:

1 Like

Like I said contact me if you need assistance and good luck on your journey!

1 Like
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are coding errors you should clean up.
  • Don’t use <br> to force line breaks. Pay attention to the Accessibility Concerns in the following
1 Like