Need Help on Product Landing Page Project No. 4 and 5

Here are my particular problems with the Project. I am currently 14 out of 16 (for a week now.) I just can’t figure out why my Nav Elements aren’t working correctly (but seem to okay on the screen whenever rendered.)

Please have someone look at my code and respond hopefully in good order.

My Project URL in CODEPEN

https://codepen.io/gilbert-andrade/pen/BapqBGz

ERRORS:
4. I can see at least three clickable elements inside the nav element, each with the class “nav-link”.

1. When I click a .nav-link button in the nav element, I am taken to the corresponding section of the landing page. Thanks!

Hi @ANDRADEG !

Welcome to the forum!

For both failing tests you need to turn off smart punctuation.

These types of quotes cannot be used in programming.
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 11.24.00 PM

Programming uses straight quotes like these.

class=”nav-link” 

Once you change those classes then the test should pass.

Also, two things.

No.1:
Center tags are no longer used.

Use css instead.

No.2:
you shouldn’t use br tags like this.

<br>
    <br>
    <br>

Use css instead if you want to create space between elements.

Hope that helps!

@ANDRADEG, someone’s given you the answer to why the tests were failing but looking at your code I see quite a few issues. Help yourself by running your HTML code through the W3C validator.

• There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.

Also

• Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). There are typo’s you need to correct.
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)

Thanks Folks!, I was spinning around “just like A Rat!!!” (unable to detect that Anomaly in the syntax.) That was a complete “A Fake Out”!!! Thinking about it, I did go from one Editor to another (for a short period of time) when I was editing the very spot that caused the problem, “I now recall.” I appreciate it. :grin::clap::pray::sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.