Need help with my Portfolio Website

I need help with the icons section of my portfolio website. These issues have me stumped:

1. For some reason the back arrow doesn’t work
  2. The Sass icon is spaced further away from the others and I can’t figure out why
  3. The 3rd mouse scroll option is acting weird

Can’t figure out why the “Hello” appears in a different font when put in Codepen, but you can ignore that. I think some things look a little off because I still need to make everything responsive when the screen shrinks down

A good place to start looking is in the console to see if there are any JS errors. There is one:

“Uncaught ReferenceError: backtBtn is not defined”

Look closely at how backBtn is spelled in the error message and in your code.

Is there a reason you have four icons in one div and two icons in another?

Thank you, I should have caught that.

I initially wanted to have 3 icons showing then 3 hidden, but 3 showing didn’t look as good as having 4. So I changed it to have 4 showing but for some reason the Sass spacing changed

Figured it out. Needed to change the css to this:

.gallery div{
    width: 100%; 
    display: flex; 
    padding: 10px;
    flex: none;  
}

Are you talking about the big yellow circle above the carousel of icons? That section looks black, not blue to me.

Anyhoo, yes, I was able to keep the circle from overlapping the section below it by adding one CSS property. I don’t want to ruin all the fun by just telling you though. I will say that the property I added was not to the circle, but to the section below it. It’s all relative.

1 Like

Ahhhh I see, you added the position: absolute to the .Skills section

It’s meant to be a navy blue, may look close to black if the brightness on your screen is low.

Thanks for all the help!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.