Need help with project tribute page

Ugh! Why won’t my image pass the resizing test? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Stephanie

Please post a link to your code. It is very difficult to offer help from a screenshot.

https://codepen.io/StevieMW/pen/rNyOMKo

and thank you!

1 Like

Hi @curious.smw !

The first thing I would do is get rid of the duplicate media queries. You have a syntax error in the first one because you forgot to close it out with a curly brace. You also placed the colon in the wrong place.

This the correct way.

@media (max-width: 460px)

Once you fix the media queries then I would create an img selector outside of that media query and read the full error message on what you need to do to pass the test.

The full error message tells you what you need to add.

Hope that helps!

Please don’t judge… What do you mean by an img selector? Thanks for all the help. I’ll work on the errors you pointed out.
Stephanie

No judgement here :grinning:

Edit:
This is an img selector.

img {
code goes here
}

Instructions from Test Suite:

Try using the “max-width” style property : expected ‘none’ to not equal ‘none’
AssertionError: Try using the “max-width” style property : expected ‘none’ to not equal ‘none’

I just looked at your code again.

You already got rid of the extra media query.
So you can just read the full error message and add the css property they tell you to add the img selector.

Hope that makes sense.

The error message is telling you to add the max-width property to the img selector.

So you will add it here

img {
  width: 80vm;
  margin: 25px 0px 15px 0px;
}

Damn! Thanks, it worked. Maybe I’ve been staring at this screen for too long. Thank you so so much.
Stephanie

1 Like

I am glad you were able to pass the tests.

Your page looks good :grinning:

And people won’t judge you here.
We are all still learning and asking questions is an important skill for developers. :grinning:

That’s so awesome. You are awesome for helping out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.