Need help with step #5 of Product Landing Page Help

Hello,
I am new to this forum, althoug I have been working on freecodecamp project since December of Last year. I need help with step #5 link ( . When I click a .nav-link button in the nav element, I am taken to the corresponding section of the landing page). I have it figured out but when click on the test i get no result.

hy friend in the corresponding section you should put an id=“anyvalue” attribute and in the href attribute set it with the value defined in id
example
<a href="#anyvalue">linkcontent</a>
<!-- corresponding section -->
<section id=“anyvalue”></section>

hy friend in the corresponding section you should put an id=“anyvalue” attribute and in the href attribute set it with the value defined in id with#
example
<a href="#anyvalue">linkcontent</a>
<!-- corresponding section -->
<section id=“anyvalue”></section>

I already did that. this is what I have:

nav id=“nav-bar”>

<div class = "box-item2">2<strong style = "font-size:30px">Premium Materials</strong><br> Our trombones use the shiniest brass which is sourced locally. This will increase the longevity of your purchase.</div>

It works, but I am still not getting the green lights

Your links in your nav bar need to go to different sections of your page.

So in you A tag href you need to put the ID you want to go to. For example if your section has an ID of product then you need to put <a href="#product"> text </a>

If you could give us the link to your code we may be able to help you more.

1 Like

Here is some example. That’s can help you.

codepen(dot)io/alexdevero/pen/avKpLX

1 Like

hi friend give me the link of your code may be i can help you

Hello,
I have emailed you the link. I cant do it here on this site, because I am new member

I have emailed the link directly to you, I can not do it on this site because I am a new member.

Hello, I am still working on the product landing page. Since I am not allowed to send links to you, I have broken down the linking to bypass restriction,
https:// codepen. io/ kola-aderinto/pen/NJjrzp

Since I am not allowed to send links to you, I have broken down the linking to bypass restriction,
https:// codepen. io/ kola-aderinto/pen/NJjrzp

The key to this is that you added too many nav-links.

Remove this: <div class = "nav-link"> and it’s corresponding

Everything passed when deleted that.

Okay, Please do you mind explaining what do you mean by corresponding.
step 3 and 4 requires that we have nav element along with the “nav-link” id. Thats why is there.

What do you think the actual code should look like?

I think you just need to delete that Div. the instructions say to put nav-link on the links only not on a div. Delete that and it works fine.

1 Like

Yes, it worked. Thank you so much