Need help with Textarea - Build a Survey Form

Not sure what I’m doing wrong here regarding the textarea requirement. I’m getting the error " You should have at least one textarea element that is a descendant of #survey-form."

(I notice that it’s saying “element”, where I’m certain I was told to write it out as ")

Ps, if anyone has any "suggestions on how to make it “better” please feel free to critique…

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="eng">
  <head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<title>Survey Two</title>
<link rel="stylesheets" href="styles.css">
    </head>
<body>
<h1 id="title">Survey Two</h1>
<p id="description">This is the certification Survey Two</p>
<form id="survey-form">
 <label id="name-label">Name <input type="text" id="name" required placeholder="First and Last Name"></label>
  <label id="email-label">Email <input type="email" id="email" required placeholder="Enter your email"></label>
 <label id="number-label">Age (optional)<input type="number" id="number" min="13" max="120" placeholder="Your Age"></label>
 <select id="dropdown">
   <option value="">(select one)</option>
   <option value="1">Option 1</option>
   <option value="2">Option 2</option>
 </select>
<label for="radio"><input type="radio" name="radio" value="huey">
<label for="radio"><input type="radio" name="radio" value="dewy">
<hr></hr>
<label for="checkbox" name="checkbox 1" ><input type="checkbox" id="checkbox 1" value="email"> Checkbox 1</label>
<label for="checkbox" name="checkbox 2" ><input type="checkbox" id="checkbox 2" value="friend"> Checkbox 2</label>
<hr></hr>
<label>How can I improve this form? <input type="textarea" placeholder="Enter your comments here..."></label>
<input type="submit" id="submit">
</form>
  </body>

This isn’t how you create a textarea. A textarea actually has its own element called a textarea.

Ok, thanks. I was almost certain that the way to make a textarea was via the input->type method…
Thank you again.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.