Need help with the solution of Record Collection

And the only thing wrong with your code was that u were using global variable collection within your function which you should not. So to use such variables which are outside of you function u pass a parameter for your variable in that function and use that parameter as that variable and at the end when you define parameters of function you give its value like this:

updateRecords(collection,5439,"artist","ABBA");

or whatever the values u want to use. By doing this u can use your function to work on any number of variables or objects and that is the use of function .
Just think this about like if u are to update Records of some big platform there will be so much numbers of objects that u cant write a function for each of it u have to make function that can work on maximum numbers of objects and update there record.
For Example i have an another object named another

var another ={
2548: {
  albumTitle: 'Slippery When Wet',
  artist: 'Bon Jovi',
  tracks: ['Let It Rock', 'You Give Love a Bad Name']
}
};

and i want to change it just as i did in previous function i will not write another function for it i will just use this line of code to do same for it:

updateRecords(another,2548,"artist","Bon Jovi");
2 Likes

Thank you for your specific explanation. It helped me pass the test :slight_smile: