Need some feedback to Responsive Web Design Projects - Build a Tribute page Page

Hi there… Here is my first freecodecamp project that I have completed in codepen…
Can you Go, check the link and give me some feedback so that I could know my faults and your suggestion…
https://codepen.io/AjRonyStyles/pen/yLeyqRg
Thank you in advance

Hi! Your page looks great so far!

I especially like the gradient background.

Here’s what I would change – and these are, of course, only friendly suggestions!

First I’d shrink the photo a little and center it, since it seems to me to take up too much space and might be more visually pleasing if it is centered. Maybe adding a border to it with some curved corners would like nice too since the sharp corners of the image take away a bit from the smooth gradient.

Next I’d visually break up the content below. Maybe with boxes, or maybe with <hr> elements which can be styled using the border-top style to change their color size or pattern. And you can shrink and center them too to make not extend across the whole page.

And finally, your information there might be organized in a clearer way – you have dates and events and also contributions, which seem to me to be different enough to look at separately.

Just some thoughts from me! Keep up the good work!

Regards,
George

1 Like

Thank you George brother for giving me your valuabletime and feedback… Yes… You are right, I could style the image more and yeah I can use the hr tag for separating them…

1 Like

Your page looks good @moshiurrahman92. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There an HTML coding error you should address.
  • Don’t use <br> to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
2 Likes

What should I use for line breaks or spacing? What is your suggestion? What is the problemif I use html br tag

Read the article to see why you shouldn’t use <br>

What have you tried? This is a good thing to research to come up with an answer.

1 Like

@Roma I’m afraid, I have to disagree. Because in my code I haven’t use any br tag or element… Instead of br tag, I used the line-break property. checkup my code… You will see that and I have Fixed the errors except one. Which is actually not a error in my guess…

By the way, thank you for helping

It’s good. (o^▽^o)

Since you seem like a fan of Steve Jobs, have you imagined in your mind what would Steve Jobs thinks about it when he sees it?

It’s just a thought that struck my mind when I saw your Tribute Page.

1 Like

@Abdul-Grey Yeah, I feel the same way. May be, he would be proud of me after seeing that tribute page…

Line 82 of your code;
<p id="link">You might want to know more about Steve Jobs. <br />

Are you thinking the marquee element is okay to use because it works? You should research that.

As an aside, Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.

1 Like

I have fixed all those… and thanks I haven’t notice that br element that I have used…

1 Like

I have taken your suggetions man… and the image also fixed and more styled…

1 Like