Nesting input within label element

I get an error message saying that i need to put space after the colon “Enter your first Name:” but i don’t understand what it means
Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
 <head>
   <title>Registration Form</title>
	  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
 </head>
 <body>
   <h1>Registration Form</h1>
   <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
   <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
     <fieldset>
       <label><input type="text" name="" value="">Enter Your First Name: </label>
       <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input type="text" name="" value=""></label>
       <label>Enter Your Email: <input type="text" name="" value=""></label>
       <label>Create a New Password: <input type="text" name="" value=""></label>
     </fieldset>
     <fieldset></fieldset>
     <fieldset></fieldset>
   </form>
 </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
 width: 100%;
 height: 100vh;
 margin: 0;
 background-color: #1b1b32;
	color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
	display: block;
	margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 15

Link to the challenge:

You need to add an opening and closing input tags after the colon and space. This will allow the functionality of having an input 1 space away from the labels text colon

Hello @Moutaz , put your text “Your First …” before your input like the rest, I hope this will help :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thanks but i still don’t get it , can you show me by putting the code here

Well your first label tag you put the input element before the text BUT it should be after the text (like you’ve done for the other label tags)
The other input elements are okay except you have added a lot of extra attributes that are not part of the instructions SO I would say keep it simple and ONLY put an opening and closing input tag where you currently have your input tag (not as you have it now you are missing closing tags)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.