(New) Responsive Web Design: Step 15 of the registration form project

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Hi, I’m on Step 15 of the registration form project.

I’m supposed to, “Nest an input element within each label. Be sure to add each input after the label text, and include a space after the colon.”
Would someone be able to please tell me what’s incorrect with the code?

**My code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
 <head>
   <title>Registration Form</title>
	  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
 </head>
 <body>
   <h1>Registration Form</h1>
   <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
   <form action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
   <fieldset>
       <label>Enter Your First Name: <input /></label>
       <label>Enter Your Last Name: <input /></label>
       <label>Enter Your Email: <input /></label>
       <label>Create a New Password: <input /></label>
   </fieldset>
     <fieldset></fieldset>
     <fieldset></fieldset>
   </form>
 </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
 width: 100%;
 height: 100vh;
 margin: 0;
 background-color: #1b1b32;
	color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
	display: block;
	margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.53 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.37

Challenge: Step 15

Link to the challenge:

can you reset your code from the beginning. you only need to your code at the part between

an input looks like <input></input>

<fieldset>
        <legend>Here is a form</legend>
        <label>Text declaring what the input for <input></input></label>
      </fieldset>

@kravmaguy I have edited your topic, because it shows the solution.

We are trying to help the campers come up with the solutions. Giving the solution, is against the policy of the forum.

Sir Im adding the spoiler tags && blurring the solution every time, the same as I did on the last post.

You’ve edited this post? How? The way it looks now is the same way its looked right after I posted this response. On the other post you removed the solution I left with the blur/spoiler, and on this post you leave the solution with the blur/spoiler.
so I dont understand.

whats the point in the [spoiler] tags ?
why remove the solution on the other post and say its against the rules. and leave the solution on this post with the blur as it complies with the rules? whats the difference between the last post and this post that the blurred solution is allowed on this post and on the other one its not? you say you edited this post yet it looks the same as when I posted it. What changes did you make?

Using Sir weirds me out, I am a volunteer like you who wants to help, but here longer.

I removed the solution, it’s currently showing how the input looks, the original poster need to deduct how to implement your advice, and if it isn’t enough how to ask for details.

Maybe another mod would have deleted the whole example. I simply didn’t see the need, your text and example is good advice.

I use it for images, if someone doesn’t want to see them he can ignore the spoilers. But that’s how I use them, you don’t have to use them the same way.

All in all, don’t post solution it’s wonderful you can solve the problems, but when someone is asking for help in learning, we tend to proved him with ways, so he can solve issues themselves.

Campers should be able to deduct and think of answers for issues they face, and proved details when asking for help.

So keep up the good work. If I missed details or overlooked something, I am happy to proved more info.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.