New to freeCodeCamp, on first challenge, do I really need to use bootstrap?

The first challenge where I have to make a tribute page, do i really need to use bootstrap for everything?

I ask this because I’m finding it wildly difficult to find good documentation on bootstrap, while I can easily css everything the way I want. Am i shortchanging myself by doing it this way? Does it matter?

Bootstrap just feels like it’s taken something so simple and easy, and gone and obscured it behind an a convoluted abstraction layer.

Nope. You can use any libraries (or none) available to you.

Fulfill the below user stories. Use whichever libraries you need. Give it your own personal style.

I would recommend that you get comfortable with Bootstrap or Foundation at some point in the future. They are used a lot in web dev, so you’ll be a stronger hire if you know them (especially Bootstrap, which is more common right now).

I’m like you. I’d rather take full control of my styles. It took me a while to stop fighting the framework and let it do the parts it’s really good at. :wink:

Well if it’s worth it in the long run, I’ll suck it up now. Here’s the mostly bootstrapped result.