New To JavaScript coding

hey, guys, I am trying to do a code wars challenge to strengthen my skills, and I could use some help. I know I am probably not getting it because I don’t know enough about JavaScript yet but I thought that I was close a few times. Here are the instructions: A pangram is a sentence that contains every single letter of the alphabet at least once. For example, the sentence
“The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”
is a pangram, because it uses the letters A-Z at least once (case is irrelevant).

Given a string, detect whether or not it is a pangram. Return True if it is, False if not.
Ignore numbers and punctuation.

Here is my code every time I try to fix it I either only true in the terminal or only false:

let isPangram =  'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' ;

if(isPangram = 'a','b','c','d','e','f','g','h','i','j','k','l','m','n','o','p','q','r','s','t','u','v','w','x','y','z'){
     console.log('This is pangram.');
      return true;
}
else (isPangram != 26);{
      console.log('This is not a pangram.');
      return false;
}

Hello!

I’ve edited your code to improve readability. In the future, please be sure to format your code as explained here :slight_smile:.

In regards to your code, that’s not the right JavaScript syntax.

if (isPangram = 'a'...'z') is assigning a value to isPangram instead of comparing. On the other hand, that’s not the correct way to define an array (assuming that’s what you want).

To declare and initialize an array, you write this: let myArray = ['a', 'b', 'etc.'];.

Please, make sure you have the right syntax first, otherwise it will never work :slight_smile:.

I recommend you take the FreeCodeCamp course on JavaScript.