Newbie Needs HELP! Changing variables for a specific area

So I am trying to change a variable for a specific area. Task: Change the value of --penguin-belly to white in the penguin class. I am getting confused as to where exactly to change it. When I edit pink to white, its still saying it’s incorrect. Any advice would be great.

The challenge tells you where to write the code. In that area, you use this: --penguin-belly: and after that, write the color you want to change it to.

1 Like

Can you share your code?

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Jeeez I am just now seeing this, I was so confused. So you can place that anywhere, and it will change? Appreciate it!

er, not anywhere…

.penguin {
    /* Only change code below this line */
    PUT YOUR CODE HERE
    /* Only change code above this line */

The writers of the challenge ask you to write it in this particular area.

But if you were doing this in the real world, it would just need to be like this:

.penguin {
 CODE GOES IN HERE SOMEWHERE
}

everything between those brackets will affect the class=“penguin”

By the way, in the future, if you have a question, it makes it easier on us if you give a link to the particular challenge you’re having a problem with. I had to google to find that challenge (it was months and months ago that I did it, and I think they might have even changed it since then).

That makes sense. Yeah for sure!