Nintendo Switch - Landing Page

Hello,

I have built a landing page https://codepen.io/RB159/full/ZEYexjp and would greatly appreciate your thoughts on it.

I have added some JavaScript and although this hasn’t been covered in the lessons, I wanted to have an attempt doing it. I’m a beginner and I understand that there are better ways to do this therefore please feel free to provide any additional feedback on what can be improved.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey @Ruz159. I like to cut it short, so here are some suggestions:

• in CSS add the property scroll-behavior: smooth, to your html {} element. This add a smoothing effect on the transition to your other section.
  • I said section in my previous suggestion because all of the navbar links are pointing to the same section. I have noticed that the subsection headers change color accordingly when you click the links, but this effect is only visible if they are in focus (you are already looking at them), which diminishes the intensity of the effect on the viewer. Try to divide that big section into 2 smaller section and maybe add some images to fill the space and bring more Nintendo context into the page.
  • I really like the fact that you chose a color palette according to the theme.
  • try to link the form in the links as well (your out of stock div)
  • something that I would really be useful - make as so when you click to the nintendo logo on the left of the navbar to navigate to the top of the page.

Edit: try clicking fast on your nav-links in any given order :grin:

Hello @Wallachian . It’s always great getting a fresh pair of eyes as things can be missed, I have taken your comments on board and improved the content on my landing page. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review my work and for your candour. If you have any further suggestions please let me know.

Hope you have a nice Christmas :blush:

All the best

1 Like