No clue to initiate or make tribute page

Tell us what’s happening: i am being challenged to do a tribute page, dont have a clue how to go about this and then to make sure it is correct along the way
am i missing something here? i dont feel like i am even ready for this challenge are the classes i have taken to this point going to help me with this???
help,do not have a clue on this i downloaded codepen can that help me with this challenge??
codepen does not seem to be able to put any graphic or picture or color on the pen???

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.83 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

hi there @rayfinkle!

incase you complete the HTML\CSS curriculum you should have the tools to perform the challenges.

Codepen is only code editor for building pages

In each project you have a list of user stories that you should build each project by them.

create a codepen account, and then you can fork the given pen:

You can build your project by forking this CodePen pen. Or you can use this CDN link to run the tests in any environment you like: https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js .

THe fork button is in the bottom right corner. Or just create a new pen and add the test url, or in a script tag <script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js></script> in the HTML box, or instead go to the pen settings, and in the JavaScript section add the link in one of the boxes.

You will have the test suite in the pen, it will appear like an hamburger menu in the top left corner of the preview, if you click on the three lines the test menu opens, select the project you want to test from the drop down, and then click “Run the tests”, you will get a count of how many tests are passing.
Click on the number of passing tests to see which ones are failing, and below each failed test there is the error message with often useful info on what needs to be changed.

You can also use the analyzer in codepen to make a check if your css and html syntax is correct: there is a small triangle pointing downward in the upper right corner of each box, from there you can reach the menu with formatter and analyzer tools

1 Like

thank you for your help i submitted the tribute page and now i am trying to do a survey form and i am just following the instructions but it definitely does not look right! and it does not look anything like the survey sheet that originally shows up.

I wanted to say thank you for your help, i appreciate it.