Node doesn't support javascript alerts

Are there any alternatives? I’ve tried a few packages for popups and none of them seem to work. I’m just needing a way to alert a message after a Post request.

You mean a pop up in a terminal???

no, on the client side

There are no node on the client side. Clients have only browser. And all of them support alerts.

Show your code.

Yes I know, I’m unsure how to add an alert on the client side after a new email and password is added to my database. I have it set to refresh the page and then I’d like an alert() letting the user know the account was created.

const express = require('express');
const bcrypt = require('bcryptjs');
const router = express.Router();

//User model
const User = require('../models/User');

router.get('/', (req, res) => res.render('index'));

router.post('/dashboard', (req, res) => {
	const {email, password} = req.body;

let errors = [];

// Checks required fields to see if they are empty
	if(!email || !password){

}else{
		// This is where we will check to see if the username and password already exists in the database

//This creates a new account 
			const newUser = new User({
				email,
				password
		});
			// Hash Password
			bcrypt.genSalt(10, (err, salt) => bcrypt.hash(newUser.password, salt, (err, hash) => {
			if(err) throw err;

// set pass to hash
			newUser.password = hash;

newUser.save()
			.then(user =>{
	// We also need to  add a display a message here after the refresh that the user can now login
				res.redirect('back');			
			})
			.catch(err => console.log(err));
		}))		
	}
});

module.exports = router;

Show the front end part of your code - that’s where you call alert.

do you mean the files in my views?

Maybe this will give you some ideas: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12442716/res-redirectback-with-parameters

You can get a return value from the post request done on the client side too, the return value can be a res.json on the server side that you generate after authentication

Option b, look at the 2files in this link