NOt a Good Introduction to freecodecamp

I was just introduced to freecodecamp, so I thought I’d check it out. First lesson with the Hello World just sits there ‘running tests’. Doesn’t do anything else. Doesn’t move me on to the next lesson or anything.

1 Like

Hey there!

Are you sure you did that lesson properly?
Your code should look there like this:

<h1>Hello World</h1>

Um, yes. I was able to get over the hurdle of adding “world” to the element…

Hi,

The First lesson is just an explanation. So it doesn’t do anything. Is just an explanation of what is HTML5 and then below that explanation is a button saying “Go to the first lesson”.

Then on the first coding Lesson it asks you to:
To pass the test on this challenge, change your h1 element’s text to say “Hello World”.

So in order for you to pass you need to write <h1>Hello World</h1>.
And if you write anything within the <h1></h1> tags should enable you to pass as well (at least on my browser it did). And a message with the next challenge should pop up.

Maybe it could be a bug but I’m pretty sure that bugs were solved at that stage of the course. Are you on a Desktop computer?

Maybe if you could provide us with a picture of what you are experiencing we could help you better.

Other than that I have tested here on a Desktop Linux with Mozilla Firefox and it worked normal for me.

Well if you need any help just ring here and we’ll try our best.

This is what I’m looking at currently and have been for a while now. I’m not getting that pop up for some reason…I am on a PC.

I have the same problems from time to time. VPN solves them.

What browser are you running? If it is not Chrome then try using it. Also, try incognito mode in Chrome.

If you open the browser console are there any errors?

Running Chrome, not seeing any errors.

Can you try incognito just to see if it’s maybe an extension that is causing an issue? Also, try logging out and running it not logged in. You might also try clearing the cache. Maybe try Firefox just to see…I’m running out of ideas.

I appreciate your help, but I don’t feel like jumping through all those hoops just to use freecodecamp. It either works or it doesn’t and it’s not working for me. I do appreciate your effort to find a solution for me.

Sure up to you, I agree it should just work.

But it is often the case that people have something local to their system that is causing some issue. I just ran the test and it works for me, not that’s any help to you, but it does work. Why it’s getting stuck for you I have no idea.

I find that if I hit the “Reset All Code” button, and re-enter making sure there aren’t spaces, etc, then the lesson will provide the popup and allow me to continue to the next one.