Not displaying submit but it is?

Tell us what’s happening:
In the Accessibility Quiz it is asking me to add a submit button, and I did. Now it is telling me the submit button needs to display the word “Submit.” The issue is that “Submit” is displaying.

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

<input type="submit"/>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 40

Link to the challenge:

Hi @alyson506 ,

<input> elements of type submit require a value attribute that contains a string which is displayed as the button’s label.

<input type="submit" value="Send Request">

If you don’t specify a value, the button will have a default label, chosen by the user agent. This label is likely to be something along the lines of “Submit” or “Submit Query”. And maybe that’s why although it is showing it’s not passing the tests.

That was it!! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.