Not showing what the code returns

before the update, whenever I press run the code, it would tell me if I failed the test, but it would also tell me what my code returns.
However, after the update, it only tells me what my code should return, but it doesnt tell me what my code returns. It doesnt show anywhere on the screen or the editor.
The update has made it very confusing for me to learn.
Also, there is no “hint” section where I can look at the answer to see how to do it on the new lessons.

3 Likes

There is a section under the code editor which is meant to display your output and anything printed to the console. It does not appear to be working perfectly and is only printing test results. Until this is fixed, you can use the console in your browser (hit F12) or you can use a tool like repl.it

1 Like

Your solution does not work at all, I can only get ‘undefined’ result from browser or repl.it

1 Like

Any update on this? its kind of hard to know what I’m doing wrong not knowing what my code returns.

1 Like

@ymoon715

I learned to use the console (hitting the F12 button) during most of the lectures.
However I came across new problems.
Using this code in the console

let dog = {
  name: "Spot",
  numLegs: 4,
  sayLegs: function() {return "This dog has " + dog.numLegs + " legs.";}
};

dog.sayLegs();

or most of the “Object Oriented Programming” lectures does not work in consoles for me. I pass every test, but in console it keeps coming out as undefined.

Possible solutions in this case?