Notes-diagram, a simple interactive diagram with my notes

Hello, I’m currently writing a web page (app?) for my notes, is similar to a mind map.

The idea is to have to go through each node in order to “arrive” at a concept (later I will implement a function to find the “shortest path” to a concept, and other things). Any feedback is welcome:

https://diegoperezm.github.io/notes-diagram/index.html

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

Notes:

• Diagram:

• Move the diagram (click-and-drag to pan (translate): click (the diagram, keep pressing) plus mouse movements
    • Zoom in (spin the wheel to zoom (scale), or use touch): double click (the diagram)
    • Zoom out (spin the wheel to zoom (scale): shift plus double click (the diagram)
  • Tested on Chromium 90.0.4430.72

When the Central-Tendency node is active, I can left arrow to go to Mode, I can right arrow to go to Mean, and I can down arrow to go to Median. Now what if there was a fourth child on the Central-Tendency node?

Hi @bbsmooth thanks for you feedback :),
You can use a property that allows you to further divide the nodes (like:“influenced by extremes”) or add an additional input (like a number, but I thinks that is not ideal)

Sorry, I might have not been clear enough with my question. What I meant was, if the left/down/right arrows take you to the three current child nodes, if you had a fourth child node, how would you get to it using the keyboard? Maybe you have a way to do this already and I’m just not seeing it because you don’t have a node with four children? If you added a fourth node to Central-Tendency right now would you be able to get to all four nodes with the keyboard? Are you saying it is possible to number the nodes and then you can use a keyboard number to get to them?

Hi @bbsmooth,
Currently (by design) there are only 4 valid inputs (left = l , up = u, down = d, right = r).
The page uses a state transition table:

CENTRAL-TENDENCY   l    MODE
CENTRAL-TENDENCY   d    MEDIAN
CENTRAL-TENDENCY   r    MEAN

The idea is to describe the transitions explicitly (CURRENT-NODE → input → NEXT-NODE).

if you had a fourth child node, how would you get to it using the keyboard?

Currently by design there should not be a fourth child node.

If you added a fourth node to Central-Tendency right now would you be able to get to all four nodes with the keyboard?

Currently is not possible.

Are you saying it is possible to number the nodes and then you can use a keyboard number to get to them?

The state transition table can have an arbitrary number of inputs, but you need to describe the transitions explicitly (modify the file js/statetransitiontable.js).

Notes:
I think is better to limit the number of inputs, too much information can make it difficult to remember: this example has more than 4 inputs

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.