Now it's different

I am approaching this new challenge with a new attitude but aiming at not peeking the solution nor bugging anyone until I have:

1. A concrete question to ask.
  2. Exhausted all my resources by checking google or any other search enging or the documentation.
  3. Written some code…

I have started by coding a little bit, experimenting what if? scenarios and understanding each and every bit of information provided by the challenge.

I hope taking it easy goes a long way.

3 Likes

You absolutely have the right mindset to succeed! Coding is all about failure until success, and in my humble opinion, the only sure fire way to really understand concepts is to experiment with them and try things that are new to you. And use them repeatedly.

You got this! :metal:

2 Likes

Love the attitude, and love the approach. If I can offer some advice. I wouldnt wait too long before asking for help. We are here to help you, and you are not going to bother anyone by asking a question. Even in a professional setting they would rather you ask instead of spending over an hour to find a solution for example.

2 Likes

Hey Cody, Thanks bro. Yeah, the thing is that I am too impatient. I am learning to code in Python (as well as JS) and I need to recheck the syntax but the concept is there… I google and google and google stupid questions that I should have learned by now but, as I have seen, some pros do it like that: They have a concept and relearn how to implement it in JS or Python or R and take it from there. This I learned while looking at a video where the pro didn’t remember how to declare an array in R and started doing:

x = [ 1, 2,3,4,5]

which is wrong and then tried let x = (1,2,3,4,5) and it was also wrong… But the pro, didn’t even care! And it was a live session! So, bottom line, I don’t feel bad about forgetting a key concept as long as I can search the documentation… In R a vector is declared as x <- c(1,2,3,4,5) and it is OK to forget it as long as you know where to search…

1 Like

Oh yeah, indeed. One of the best ways to learn something is repetition. Banging one’s head against the wall sure gets you to learn and eventually it becomes second nature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.