#number label and radio button value attribute

Tell us what’s happening:
I am getting two errors. I have triple checked my code and it seems like it is all right. I don’t understand the clues that are given when I don’t pass the test. Can you help me? These are the two errors that I am getting and the clues.

10. For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids: id=“name-label”, id=“email-label”, and id=“number-label”.

#number-label is not defined : expected null to not equal null AssertionError: #number-label is not defined : expected null to not equal null

13. Inside the form element, I can select a field from one or more groups of radio buttons. Each group should be grouped using the name attribute. Each radio button must have a value attribute.

All your radio-buttons must have a value attribute : expected 2 to equal 0

Your code so far
Here is my link

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

#number-label is not defined : expected null to not equal null

label not lable

<label id="number-lable" for="number">

All your radio-buttons must have a value attribute

Check the name attribute value on your radio-buttons, make sure you are closing the strings correctly "someNameValue"

1 Like

Thanks so much. :100: That did it. I guess I am going to have to get better at checking my spelling. and punctuation :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

No problem.

You would think most bugs in programming came from logical errors, however very often it is simple typos or syntax errors (missing semi-colons, brackets, unclosed elements, strings, etc.). That is why using an editor with good syntax highlighting and something like a linter (e.g. ESLint) is so valuable.

Happy coding!

2 Likes

That is good to know. Keeping that in mind. I have already been able to work out a few problems I had on the current project. I will look up that editor. Thanks for the reference.

Happy coding to you too :smile: