Old Project submission

Hi there!
Im doing the Responsive Web Dev certification course for a few weeks now. I just today finished working on the technical documentation page that took me forever (because I went fancy lol).

Anyway the new corriculum that you just added is cool and all but why did you deactivate the old way of submitting the project? I liked codepen a lot and my new project fullfills all 16 requirements but it just does not get accepted when I paste all my code into the new thingy.

Can you please just activate the " drop codepen link here" thing again please so I can keep pushing to get my first certification?

Also personal opinion… coding a page in the new… let’s call it “project” window… is awfull. Just bring back codepen again, why fix a perfectly working solution with something that is just a bad experience.

Thanks a lot!

The new Responsive Web Design curriculum content has been released.

FAQ:

1. Can I complete the old content?
  • Yes. The old content is still available, and has been moved to the bottom of the curriculum map and renamed to Responsive Web Design Legacy
  1. What will happen to my progress?
  • Nothing. Your past progress will still be available in the Responsive Web Design Legacy curricula
  1. Can I claim the old certificate?
  • The certifications are exactly the same. All you need to claim a certificate is to complete the 5 Certification Projects which are identical for both the Responsive Web Design and Responsive Web Design Legacy curricula
  1. Should I stop doing the legacy content, and just start over with the new content?
  • This is entirely up to you. Majority of the topics are the same - just taught in a different way. (See Project-Based Curricula)

Thanks for the copy paste reply Jeremy :frowning:

My code works fine in codepen and completes all tasks but doesnt in the new project building thing that you added in the legacy…

Bring back the submission link form to claim the legacy projects. Thanks!

what issues are you having with the new editor?

If I may be honest. It’s ugly, not intuitive, too small.
And it doesn’t accept my @media query.
I just copied all my code from codepen and put it in the new editor but it just doesnt let it pass.

have you linked the css file in the html?

Do I need to? It wasn’t the case on codepen.

Codepen does some non-standard things.

yes, this works as a full fledged editor with multiple files

how do I link my css file? I don’t remember that it was explained in the (legacy)course.

I found a few options:

also, its covered in the new curriculum:

1 Like

it was also answered here:

3 Likes

Thanks you two,
sry I was a bit frustrated because I am new to all this and was used to the old way.

I linked my css successfully and everything cleared!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.