I am part of an Open Source Group that is looking for a couple of developers to work on an AWS project. When I was starting to learn about IT and eventually programming, I remember being pretty frustrated that it was harder to get into OS groups sometimes than jobs. So wanted to make a post here that was very limited on requirements.
- Speak English fluently (nothing against foreign devs and we might need you later for sure)
- Have some knowledge of AWS and be willing to learn more / self-study
- Open Source group. Currently has about 60 contributors and over 500 stars on Github, so legitimate / been around for a while
- This is a small team within the main group that mainly focuses on AWS PaaS and IaaS based projects
- Work with real developers and devops people who do this as their full time job during the day
- Make a real, financially quantifiable contribution to the open source healthcare community
- Accepted pull requests and contributions on your Github obviously, and I would encourage you to add this group to your LinkedIn
- Obviously unpaid…it’s open source
Next Steps: Send me a message. There are limited spots but that’s only because managing X people has a communication overhead. At the very least I’ll respond to everyone though.