Our expanded curriculum is now live on beta.freecodecamp.com and we need your help QA'ing it

I practice the beta version partly, find some mistakes and want to provide feedback. Not sure where I should do that. Here?
Perhaps related, I didn’t really understand the request for QA help? Are you requesting it from everyone, or only from experienced coders? What should we QA, and where should we suggest it?

Free Code Camp uses GitHub Issues to log and track bugs. If you find a bug in either Beta or the production site, please log it there (or add any relevant information to the Issue if it has already been reported by another user).

I think it was moved due to feedback about it being too high-level of concepts for where it is in the current curriculum.

Hi Carben, you can click the “bug” button and follow the instructions there. We are using GitHub issues to track issues with beta.

Hi ! Yes, it’s happens to me every time: on a new exercise, I see my changes from the previous exercise. So I have to run the tests to see the correct display on mobile in relation with the current exercise. Hoping “Try again” layers are not counted ^^

Just started with the beta curriculum (after finishing the front end certification) and I like it even I don’t know how I feel about the new testing suites. Currently reading https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/blob/staging/CONTRIBUTING.md#contribution-guidelines to fix some minor issues I found so far (missing spaces, double spaces, missing “px” :sweat_smile:). I am also really excited to build the new projects but I was wondering…

@QuincyLarson Am I right to believe ALL completed projects (current curriculum) will be counted as such when beta goes into production … even if they don’t pass the new testing suites?

eg. My “Build a Tribute Page” fulfils all current user stories but won’t pass the new testing. Will I need to rebuild this project to achieve the corresponding certificate?

Happens to me as well, I think the first 10 lessons worked, but after that, the phone preview has stopped working.

It’s a known bug and the exercises don’t run in their own environments either, which you can hit in the visualisation section.

Is there any clarity as to what will happen to the current earned certificates? Since they don’t completely overlap with the newer ones…

Certificates will still be on your account

You can begin the nonprofit work if you had all three of the original certificates

Why the certificates are changing

And it doesn’t even matter

Just join freecodecamp guide me
Getting back into it and re learning?

I had an doubt.
I was working on FreeCodeCamp Old Cirriculum.
Now I am shifting to new.
Let us suppose I complete 2 of the 6 certificates before beta goes live .
And then the beta goes live. Will I be able to show those certificates or I have to copy paste the stuff on new live from old beta site?

@QuincyLarson

Just started working through the Beta lessons. I think it is an idea to see an example of the Box Model when you start to talk about margins, padding, and borders. If you could put a link in the directions it will help the visual learner understand the exactly what properties they are modifying.

So far, looks good.

All progress on the beta is lost. So make sure to save all the required challenges/projects some where. It shouldn’t take too long to paste in the solutions to the required challenges and the links to the projects.

@QuincyLarson Thanks for your wonderful move and the hard work that you paid for creating such a wonderful non profit organisation to learn.

@ArielLeslie

Do you have any information about this?

i must say, the new curriculum is great and i am excited to try it,thanks for doing everything Quincy and other contributors.
adist98
:+1:

First of all, big thanks to all who’ve contributed to the formation of beta as it stands today. I am currently on the ‘Quality Assurance and Testing with Chai’ challenges within the ‘Information Security…’ section and wondering about any suggestions to keep the learning progression forward, as these appear unfinished. Skim over and skip to projects, learning as I go along with those? Or…

Update: found this https://thelazyelephant.io/free-code-camp-back-end-projects-mocha-and-chai/

Do we know what the time frame is for release of the new curriculum? I’ve just got started, with the old curriculum, but having done some of the beta challenges in the html there definitely have been quite a bit of changes.

Not trying to speak for any one intimately involved, but beta is far from polished. Definitely need us campers to step up and contribute in whatever capacity we can.

If I had to guess, based on the relative progress, I wouldn’t count on production by the end of the year but maybe I lit a fire :wink:

Any idea when will new curriculum go live?