Our expanded curriculum is now live on beta.freecodecamp.com and we need your help QA'ing it

so the new curriculum does not save your work as you go now? How are you saving your work?

I have a mac and I just downloaded Brackets. Would I save it on there?

learn.freecodecamp.org is now part of the live platform. should not have to do the previous comment i mentioned. seems that with the maintenance it was rolled out live.

Super cluttered and donā€™t want to check my email every time I want to log on. Please change the layout and login back.

Actually it has been happening to me to, I donā€™t mind the email sign in but if i close the tab where learn is I have to go through the process again.

Sorry I correct myself, there is an option to ā€˜saveā€™ your login clicking the text:

ā€˜If you previously signed in using Google, Facebook, GitHub, Twitter, or LinkedIn, click here to add an email address to your account and sign in.ā€™

It seems to do the trick of keeping you loged on.

Hi Randell,

I know this isnā€™t the case for everyone, but on a public and or work computer, I log in using a private browsing session, which means that I need to check my email every time I want to log in. So this is still an annoyance. Perhaps the email log in should be an offered option alongside traditional log in, instead of the only way to log in.

My opinion on the other issue, the cluttered layout, remains the same as well. I much prefer the old ā€œmapā€

Very well done folks :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

So much more depth and rational chunks. Many of the things I was earmarking to find other mini courses to cover some gaps are very well covered now within the new live framework.

Working through the expanded css/ responsive design stuff and happy to see the react and other libs amd app I could just go on amd on.

This is wonderful.

Relatively smooth migration as well. Log in issues no big deal only odd thing and this is a small thing is that current months heatmap not visible on desktop but is visible on my phone.

Usually when I have visibility issues with elements its the other way around the phone .

Also often when I click of explore curriculum website goes blank and hangs then I refresh and click view curriculum again and modal box works as intended.

Again minor stuff love the upgrade and it is a big one. Thanks for all your efforts again and again!

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words.

I just want to confirm that we have open issues for all of the bugs youā€™ve pointed out here, and are working hard to fix them as quickly as possible :slight_smile:

Happy coding!

Thanks for your feedback. Weā€™re moving away from passwords for security reasons, so that is a permanent change. Sorry itā€™s proving to be inconvenient for you when you use incognito.

As for the map, I completely agree. Weā€™ve overhauled the map and it should be live in the next few hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Weā€™re working on an elegant solution to this. For now you can copy-paste your solutions into Brackets since youā€™re already using it.

@QuincyLarson: The content is very good.

I really enjoy the expanded content. I think it is very thorough and I certainly appreciate all your hard work.

Iā€™m not sure this is the best place to report this, but there seems to be a bug in the React lessons. In the lesson ā€œCreate a Component with Compositionā€, my browser froze the first time I ran the tests. Now, when I navigate back to that page it freezes right off the bat. Any help addressing this would be appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I recommend creating a GitHub issue and adding as much detail as possible, including screenshots if possible. https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp/issues/new

Iā€™ve been gone for a while, and was hoping that once I came back, all of this would be straightened out and I could start with the new curriculum. Here it is October, and I still donā€™t know for certain if the current (learn) is the new one. Iā€™m just looking through the forum trying to find an answer. I hope youā€™ve gotten an answer somewhere.

Thanks for responding. I was under the impression (I remember reading) that the new curriculum would not show any of our progress- weā€™d have to start over. This curriculum is showing everything I completed plus some new additions I havenā€™t. Thatā€™s why I was unsure. So, if this is the new curriculum, I guess Iā€™ll get back to it. :grinning:

Not sure if Iā€™m personally not doing something correct, but when following the beta.freecodecamp.com link Iā€™m not redirected to the site, however, encounter an error. Any suggestions to resolve this problem? Would love to get started with this online community.

Itā€™s learn.freecodecamp.com or www or even beta, but it requires a https connection, This is an old thread that should be ignored ā€” just visit the main site.

Yes, the beta address has recently shown up as an error. I received it, too. Now, itā€™s fixed and redirects to the main FCC page for your summary if youā€™re signed in. From there, you can click the link near the bottom of the page to continue to your progress on the new curriculum (Iā€™m told it IS the new curriculum), or go there directly and bypass the main summary page.

I am actually having trouble
With this one as well