Our expanded curriculum is now live on beta.freecodecamp.com and we need your help QA'ing it

@quincy Good job man. I can’t express how grateful I am to you and everyone associated with fcc.
I’m definitely jumping into this right away

@ Quincy
Understood. Noted. Thank you for the answer.

Hey Quincy,

I found a few errors in the map section of the beta.

Took screenshots, which I am posting here

There is a missing algorithm challenge here

If I click this, it collapses the whole Responsive Web Design section which is a parent of this Responsive Web Design Section that the arrow is pointing to.

Thank you for all the fish :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Quincy

First of all, thx for all the effort you and everybody are putting in these new projects/challenges i will try to do my part and help out. Personally i am very excited to see these changes in the FCC curriculum.

Currently i am in the middle of the BE-dev exercices and despite the fact that looks like they are going away, what i learned while doing them is not :slight_smile:

I completely agree with you when you say campers believe the old certificates were “enough” to be ready for DEV, however i do believe the “buzzwords” should be there. I am currently not looking for a job, but as we know the CV’s the campers will send as a response to job adds will be screened by a piece of Software before anyone gets their eyes on it. All this SW does is it looks for “buzzwords / keywords” (certification for “Information Security And Quality Assurance” is not going to turn heads).

As suggested in this thread i think the solution could be a “3-tier” certification, ideally allowing for deprecated certifications (so, a FE-DEV 2017 could have a different certif than a FE-DEV 2015… after all their curriculum’s were different).

This is similar to what Microsoft, Cisco, etc. have been doing for years with the “end-goal” being to reach a “higher level” of certification (in their case “paying for the privilege” while doing it).

Below is a possible diagram of the “Full-Stack Development certification” for the 2017 curriculum.

Just my thoughts on the subject… again, thx all for your effords!!

Sérgio

7 Likes

I’m not sure what the preferred process is for FCC, but typically you want to create an Issue even if you are going to immediately going to assign it to yourself and submit a fix. This helps provide context for your PR and also prevents duplicate effort (possibly resulting in conflicts).

1 Like
  1. Is my current curriculum data moved to the extended curriculum once it gets to production?
  2. Will the current curriculum be archived when the switch happens?
  1. No, different databases.
  2. I don’t know. You will probably keep your challenges and points but, you will not be able to access the old challenges again.

Super excited about. Kudos to everyone for all the hard work…

If I am to start freecodecamp, should I use the beta?

1 Like

Probably not. Progress from beta won’t be saved once the curriculum has been updated. The beta version also still contains a number of bugs, which I imagine would be very frustrating for someone who is just getting started. Feel free to use the beta site as an additional resource and to guide your study with an eye to the future, but I would recommend using freecodecamp.com while you are still learning the ropes.

That makes sense. Thank you.

Good point, and that was already addressed in this thread by kprenesti two days ago. It will be fixed.

This has already been answered a few times in this thread, :slight_smile:

Not everybody has time to scroll through 100 posts.

1 Like

Sure, there is a search bar on the top of the page that will guide to most answers.
Happy hunting and good luck!

P.S: Be polite to people in the community. Refer our Code of Conduct

My sincerest apologies @Oxyrus and @P1xt! I clicked reply on the incorrect post. It was ment toward the one above it

And the last reply was inferred incorrectly.

Once again, I apologize sincerely.

No worries, it’s easy to select the wrong message among this pile.

4 Likes

this stuff is too good to be true.are you sure this is free?

6 Likes

Eventually I’ll peer-pressure you into buying stickers.

Joking.

Not joking.

1 Like

I’m guessing that the “dropout” rate will also be a lot lower now that it’s broken up into smaller pieces. The new curriculum is awesome, and I’m loving the beta version. I mean, it covers SO MUCH more than the current curriculum. I think people are just hung up on the words “Front End Certificate” and “Back End Certificate”

3 Likes