Overestimated my knowledge

Just gone though the responsive web developmemt section and felt fairly confident until I attempted to do the tribute page project at which point I fell to pieces.

I feel confident in what alot of CSS styles do but putting it together gave me a hard time. Is this normal? Should I just keep plugging away until I get something looking decent and just keep trying it?.

I want to learn and eventually become a developer but the feeling of imposter syndrome this early is daunting. Any tips on how to push past this hurdle? Thank you

This is normal at start, after you start lern javascript you will laugh about html/css problem )

Use IDE to create code like vscode there a lot of helpers, code formatters(prettify, linters etc), alot of useful extensions.

You dont need to memorize everything (no one dose), you need just get concept in general. Try to understand “why” and it will be more easy to get “how” .

Also its will be more effective if you put here some examples where you have problem.

It’s extremely normal. The projects aren’t just another challenge, they are each meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.