Palindrome Checker - Help with Practical Implementation

I finished the task: however, I would like to implement it on Code Pen in order to share it on my resume. Can someone please help me understand how some of these challenges can be made practical or working on a web page? Please use simple terms and less Jargon.

Your code so far

function palindrome(str) {

var regex1 = /[a-zA-Z0-9]/ig;

var muppa = str.match(regex1);

console.log(muppa)

var poppa = muppa; 

console.log(poppa)

var cry = '';

for (let p = 0; p < muppa.length; p++) {
  cry += muppa[p]
};

var ios = '';

for (let x = poppa.length - 1; x >= 0; x--) {
  ios += poppa[x]
};

cry = cry.toLowerCase();
ios = ios.toLowerCase();

console.log(cry)
console.log(ios)

if (cry === ios) {
  return true;
} else {
  return false;
}

}
palindrome("B1-_ye");

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Safari/605.1.15.

Link to the challenge:

You can create a simple web-page with an input bar, on submit the page inform the user if the submitted word is a palindrome.
This if you want something more “flashy” for everyone to see.

Otherwise you can simply add your function into the JS section of the pen, with an example call and the expected result.
This way the user won’t see anything… but it’s a way for you to “save” it somewhere.

Please also mind that, it’s highly likely that sooner or late you will be exposed to versioning control (ie: saving your work remotely so you don’t loose it). That will be a perfect opportunity to create a project that contains all your code snippets for anyone technical to see.