Paragraph elements children?

**Hi,
I’m a complete amateur; though I was doing okay and getting through it until

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<main>
     <p> Purr jump eat the grass rip the          couch scratched sunbathe, shed              everywhere rip the couch sleep in the       sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
     </main>

I watched the video 5 times or so and it just won’t work without the paragraphs children.

?
?
? Thank you in advance. J.
Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.2988.0 Safari/537.36.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

If you are working on Basic HTML and HTML5: Introduction to HTML5 Elements, then the instructions say, “Wrap the paragraphs with an opening and closing main tag. [emphasis added]”.

So, both of those p elements have to be inside of the main element.

Thank you, Kevin.

From Jeanette.